I really think The Bachelorette has jumped the shark this season.
Maybe it started in casting a ton of monster men? Maybe we’ve just reached a point where the people who try so hard to be on this show aren’t likable anymore? Maybe it’s in using editing to make drama? Whatever it is, there is an awful trend happening here.
A fair amount of the men seemed pretty likable and interesting and then slowly, one by one, one more man has become insufferable each episode.
Guys! Drama is important and all, but we need to be able to root for at least someone, you know? Like, I have TWO I’m still rooting for in the mix but only one of them seems even remotely possible. Have I ever had as few as two I liked left at this point in the show?
I guess the bonus of this is maybe I’ll have one less Bachelorland couple to follow on Snapchat? You win some, you lose some.
Honestly, not a ton of particularly awful things happened this episode. This list was a stretch! But just in general, I feel so meh about all of the men and poor JoJo’s prospects. MEH MEH MEH.
Ugh. Let’s get to it.
Here are the 10 Worst Things That Happened on The Bachelorette: Episode 6
10. Why does Alex always run up to JoJo and hug her first? Sorry, this isn’t that awful except that he’s the worst and everything he does irks me. He thinks of this entirely as a competition and that these little things make him more likely to win. Also, gracious, someone needs to help him with his hair.
9. James makes a rookie mistake and talks to JoJo about someone else. This never works! You can’t waste your time talking to the lead about someone else’s poor behavior, no matter how well-intentioned you are. Don’t do it again next week!
8. There was SO much pressure on that kiss between Wells and JoJo! Wells was never going to win in that situation. Why was there so much pressure on him to to do it anyways? Uh…. couldn’t JoJo initiate a kiss too? I mean, I guess not- she’s a woman after all.
7. Derek, honey. I didn’t like you too much this week, but don’t assume you got sent home because you weren’t enough! If you aren’t enough anything it’s not enough douche! But, seriously: you’re enough for the right people. This isn’t a referendum on who you are.
6. Oh, lord: Chase says he’s not used to having to express his feelings. But sure! He’s ready for a serious relationship.
5. Why WHY do the guys keep saying, “I can’t picture her with a guy like X.” What on earth do you know about it? It’s not your choice, dude. Think about YOUR relationship with her and that’s all and stop being so rude.
4. Alex straight melts down when he gets a rose. Why does he think any rose is a pity rose? Clearly JoJo may have poor taste in men, but she’s not messing around with this stuff. Just be happy you got a rose and stop projecting your insecurities on everyone else’s actions.
3. MY POOR BROKEN HEART! Wells has left and with him my heart. What a beautiful, smart, sensitive doll of a man. I mean, it was obvious he was not long for this world, but I am still very sad. Hopefully we shall see you soon.
2. JoJo calls Jordan out on his acting entitled with James and Jordan gets SO DEFENSIVE AND ENTITLED. I’m sure I would not be the best in responding to accusations, but this was not the way to do it, bro. He clearly doesn’t understand how you can be entitled without directly saying things like, “I deserve more than you because I’m better.” But dude, you can give off that vibe. You give off that vibe.
1. That was a big FAIL, Bachelorette, in giving us a fake out that she was sending two men home and then really she keeps both James and Alex. I mean, before the fake out I was a little sad about James, but mostly I was so happy that Alex was leaving and now I’m hella annoyed.
And now, my random thoughts and predictions:
- Why was there so much khaki/khaki colored suits? I very rarely think khaki is the best decision for anyone. Sorry, khaki!
- “These are my boyfriends! All of them!” JoJo is LOVING it.
- LOL how freaking bizarre was it to have this singer singing “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina” as JoJo and Chase make out? I can’t. Seriously. I can’t.
- Team Luke all the way! Team James Taylor right after that but he’ll never win so that’s sad! Team anyone but Alex!
Well, I really hope this trend doesn’t continue next week and at least one person stays likable. See you then!
*Feature image source: ABC, originally seen on US Weekly