Hey! We got rid of the racist in less than 10 minutes! FUCKING FINALLY!
I hate that we still had to see him again and I still hate ABC and the producers, but what a huge sigh of relief not to have to watch Lee gaslight another black man for the first time in weeks.
With Lee gone and Rachel the perfect, honest, confrontational (not in a bad way, but in a not going to let something slide type of way) angel that she is, there wasn’t much to complain about with tonight’s episode.
Don’t worry, I found some things.
Here are the 10 Worst Things That Happened on The Bachelorette: Episode 6
9. Okay, I see a flaw in Rachel and Peter. She’s always asking him to kiss her, which I find very cute and think shows how much she likes him, but has me VERY worried about how much he likes her. DUDE. GET IT TOGETHER.
8. NO DON’T SEND ANTHONY HOME HE IS SO SWEET AND HANDSOME AND NICE. I have this feeling she sent him home and kept Adam and Matt because she’s not worried about hurting them and was worried about hurting Anthony, but like, UGH.
7. You guys. All they ever show Bryan and Rachel talking about is their relationship and her hesitations. This is what they do with winners…. all the time. We had no idea how funny Shawn B. was because of their editing! Vanessa and Nick were insufferable to watch (I still don’t love them together). Yet again, all we got was a far too intense makeout and a cheesy-ass conversation about the layers they’re going to peel back. NO, I DON’T WANT HIM TO WIN.
6. Rachel asks Will what he looks for in women he dates and he tells her he typically dates white girls. Like, more power to you dude, do what you want, BUT I don’t think that’s what she was asking you?? I would have felt so uncomfortable if I was her.
5. Y’all, it’s time to dedicate one of these worst moments to probably one of the sweetest moments, but that just BROKE MY HEART. Kenny and his daughter! You guys! I can’t, I actually cried multiple times while he talked to his daughter and about his daughter. I’m just super sad he and Rachel didn’t work out, which was obvious for awhile, but still SO SAD. He is a gem and I hope he finds himself a relationship so soon.
4. Oh, Josiah. I actually dig his confident thing most of the time, but boy is showing zero self-awareness. And like, while yes, why she kept Matt over Anthony is beyond me, calm your sass about her judgment. Rachel makes no mistakes.
3. After Rachel tells Lee she doesn’t trust him, he tries AGAIN to tell her Kenny is aggressive. Dude! Give up your racist quest to tear down as many black men as you can! You lost! You’ve been seen through!!
1. This crazy fucker Lee says, “Jesus loves you,” to Kenny. My least favorite people in the world are people who say they’re Christian, who say things like “Jesus loves you,” and who treat people like garbage. JESUS IS ASHAMED.
My random thoughts and predictions:
- One of my favorite Bachelorette moments ever had to be Rachel telling Lee, “I don’t trust you.” SHE IS A HERO.
- Alright, I’m officially feeling the Eric vibe. He is fun! They do have fun! He is sweet! I’m into it.
- Rachel is amazing and quotes Hamlet. This Hamlet line is very important because it’s also quoted in Clueless, the best movie ever.
- She like basically only has interest in Bryan, Peter, Dean, and Eric, right?
Before we move on from Lee forever, let’s address the fact that the head of ABC’s reality programming (I think, stalking is hard) tweeted basically implying that Lee will be on the Men Tell All. While I found it irresponsible for them to bring Chad back to the Men Tell All, I truly cannot believe they’re going to let this racist piece of garbage get more air time. I’m shocked and infuriated and SO OVER IT.
I’m going to go ahead and warn y’all that I will absolutely not watch MTA if they bring Lee back. I hate the MTA anyways and I refuse to use my time to give oxygen to that piece of shit. Also, I’m due, like, five days after it so, oh hell no.
Anyways, see y’all next week!
*Feature image source: Twitter.com/TheBachelorette